Well the first of what I ordered a few weeks ago has just arrived, The Armster Armrest I ordered from the UK arrived in super quick time – excellent delivery service from all the way in the UK. I can’t recommend this seller highly enough – www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk. The communication was excellent, the person I dealt with kept in contact and informed me of everything that was happening with the order. I was able to track the parcel all the way from the time it left the UK to the time it got delivered to me. I have no hesitation in going back to this company to buy more stuff in the future. Excitedly I opened the parcel – I was surprised to see how small it was, I imagined it to be bigger.
It took about 15 minutes to fit it onto the console of my car, I didn’t even need to drill holes, the self tapping screws supplied just dug into the plastic and I was able to fit the whole thing onto the car with just a screwdriver.
It covers the hand brake a little bit but I am still able to use the hand brake without having to move the armrest into the up position. It doesn’t really bother me at all and now I have somewhere to rest my arm.. lol. Also the extra storage space is a blessing as the Astra is not well known for it’s ample storage spaces up front. I just have to do something about a cup holder now. The build quality of the armrest is very good, the colour of the plastic is almost the same as the console and the black leather (actually I think it’s more like pleather) fits in well with the rest of the interior (Now I will have to look for leather seats for my car…. it never ends does it??). I am very happy with this purchase, hopefully the rest of the stuff I have ordered will arrive soon. Stay tuned..
I finally got my finances back in check so I went on a mad buying spree for the car. Firstly I got new Brake Rotors for the front and back. I will get some pads later on, I will probably get those at the local auto store as I can get a discount at one of them.
Secondly, I also splurged on an Armster Armrest from the UK.
I don’t know why the car did not have one in the first place so I decided to get more storage space and give myself some small creature comfort at the same time.
Thirdly, I found a few leaks in the car, the most worrying one was the bottom radiator hose which began weeping after 4 days of extremely hot weather, I have tightened the jubilee clip which seemed to have stopped it for now but I decided to get some new hoses anyways, so I bought some silicone hoses from Roose Motorsport.
As soon as the parts arrive I can get on with the job of giving the radiator a good flush, replace both top and bottom hoses and also fixing a slight leak with the rocker cover gasket. When I changed the sparks the other week I noticed that 3 out of 4 of the sparks had a film of oil on them, this is clearly an indication that the gasket on the rocker cover is at it’s end. So off to LMF Vauxhall I went and ordered a new rocker cover gasket as well as a few other things.
Well it seems I will be busy doing car things in the next few weeks. I really enjoy doing things myself as I find it not only a learning experience but a rewarding one. You get to learn about cars as well as be safe in the knowledge that you have done the repairs and/or servicing yourself and not rely on a mechanic who can say they have done this and that when they have not, and also know that the parts you have used be what you wanted to use.
Stay tuned for more pictures as the parts get to me.